Followers

Thursday, 2 January 2014

So... 2014

I'm not sure whether I am excited by the fact it's a new year, or utterly depressed at the fact it's going to be another year repeating everything I did last year and the year before that and before that... I'm going to attempt to be optimistic which isn't that easy since I'm very pessimistic about everything. I've got a set of resolutions though that I'd like to achieve like everyone else. I'm going to think of them more as goals though because New Years Resolutions are things that always end up broken.

I finally managed to weigh myself using my own scales since the beginning of the holidays and I'm pretty surprised that my weight stayed in exactly the same area as it was before Christmas. I have no idea how I've managed that since I've been stuffed to bursting point these past few weeks. It's very strange. However, it does mean I started the New Year at the highest weight I have ever started a year at. I mean, it's only 4 pounds away from my highest ever weight which is just as depressing as another year of this.

I don't think 2014 can be as bad as 2013 though. Last year was one of the worst for so many reasons and it would take a lot or this year to actually be worse. I'm not ruling it out, but it would take soo much for a year to be worse than last year. Let's hope it is a lot better though! 


----

I bought a new journal for the New Year.I haven't written down my thoughts in ages and I'd like to actually manage to fill up a journal instead of wavering off after a couple of weeks which I always seem to do. It's super cute and got a cute little panda on the cover. I was going to buy one to write down what I've eaten/exercised, but I decided to just rely on MyFitnessPal instead. It's much easier to just log everything on there and have a journal solely for thoughts.

I go back to college on the 8th which I'm not looking forward to. I have so much work to do before then and I really don't care enough to do it. I'm also not looking forward to going back because I cancelled on a college friends birthday party just before Christmas and it's just going to be really awkward and weird. I'll be slightly glad for a wee bit of normality though.

On a random note, why is it so awkward to unfollow a blog? It's seriously taken me 15 minutes to be able to do so!

Take Care
xxxx

6 comments:

  1. 2014... Make it a year to achieve all your goals and even more!

    I like the journal idea. I gave up writing one when my parents found it but I'd love another one. Hope you're having a fabulous day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your resolutions

    stay strong xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2014.. another year, another chance to lose weight and more.
    Did you have a good christmas/new year? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also try to be optimistic about the New Year but there's always the thought of, "It's going to be exactly the same as last year- boring and uneventful." But who knows, maybe 2014 will be the best year yet (or at least I hope so!). I hope it's way better than 2013 was for you!

    That's good your weight has stayed around the same during the holidays because the holidays is usually where people gain a massive amount of weight. And even though this is the highest your weight has been at the beginning of the year- you can still reach all of your goals! Good luck with your new semester starting soon- it'll be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with starting school. Try to be optimistic about 2014. I'm happy for you that your weight didn't manage to go all crazy around the holidays. That's always an accomplishment. Good luck with your 2014 dear.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger has been shitty about letting you manage your blog list for YEARS. Now it seems like you have to be forced into google+- for anything. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete