Followers

Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Short post

Waking up at 4am isn't my thing. I've been putting it off for the last hour because I don't want to get out of bed. I'm meant to be doing a presentation today (ha, um, so not happening!) in Biology which sucks. I said I wasn't going to do it and my Biology tutor just doesn't understand anxiety.

Besides, what does a presentation have to do with Science? She tried spinning the line that every job will require you to do presentations. No. Wrong. Talking to people, yes. Presentations, no. 

So that's going to be fun. K* and I have decided we're going to ask her if we can just do some catch up work in the library instead of listening to people do their presentations. It sounds much better than 3 hours of pure boredom. 

Take care
xxxx

3 comments:

  1. well, I hope everything went well!
    yes dear, Biology students, majors, scientists need to be able to do presentations, apparently. I did one just yesterday (I'm a neurobiology senior). You need to be able to present findings, to analyse your methods and generally speak to an audience, something I sometimes hate too.

    But if you know your stuff it's so nice to 'pass that information' to others. And yes, even if there're only two people paying attention out of the whole class.

    kisses,
    annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been good with presentations. My anxiety usually goes through the roof. Hope your teacher lets you go to the library instead.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get stuck with one that requires stumping for grants or contact with the public and media then you'll need to do them. Hopefully you get pure research and others can worry about those things.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete