Followers

Thursday, 23 January 2014

Birthday

I'm finally 21! 
I'm sure it's meant to be a big deal but it feels exactly the same as any other day. I've never really bothered to celebrate my birthday before though, so that probably influences how I feel about today. I'm actually bothering doing something this year though which is actually pretty nice. (:

I keep getting distracted by twitter. Downside of having 36k+ followers on there and them knowing it's your birthday. Actually, more people have wished me a happy birthday on Twitter than real life. I'm kind of sad about that. Oh well. The people online are much nicer than the people I know in real life.

The presentation the other day didn't go ahead. I just did work in the library instead. I'm going to write up notes and do the power point, but instead of presenting it, I'm just going to print off the slides and hand it in. If she doesn't pass it, she does't pass it. It's not going to kill me. Change my grade, sure, but whatever.

I'm not too sure I'm prepared for all the food today. Especially since I'm off to the ballet (Yay, a billion skinny girls!), but I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I mean, if I survived Christmas, I can survive my birthday!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Take care
xxxx

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!
    21, what a milestone (that's what everyone keeps saying to me - mine will be in July).

    I hope that you do have a wonderful day, even if it is very overwhelming - you said it! You really will get through it. Might even get a lot of smiles in there too while you're at it!

    I am in some agreement about the people online, but I wonder if that's because with access to so many more people we find those that understand us more easily. I don't have that many true friends anymore, and that used to sometimes make me sad. But there's definitely a correlation to how much happier I am these days to how my emotional state used to suffer. I hope that overtime you settle in with those that do truly love you for who you are, and they make you so very happy too. (Got no doubts that you would do the same for them!)

    Thanks for the wishes, I feel like I am going to do something good now. Very uplifting of you :)

    Stay shining, you are very starlike :)
    Loves, M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!
    21, what a milestone (that's what everyone keeps saying to me - mine will be in July).

    I hope that you do have a wonderful day, even if it is very overwhelming - you said it! You really will get through it. Might even get a lot of smiles in there too while you're at it!

    I am in some agreement about the people online, but I wonder if that's because with access to so many more people we find those that understand us more easily. I don't have that many true friends anymore, and that used to sometimes make me sad. But there's definitely a correlation to how much happier I am these days to how my emotional state used to suffer. I hope that overtime you settle in with those that do truly love you for who you are, and they make you so very happy too. (Got no doubts that you would do the same for them!)

    Thanks for the wishes, I feel like I am going to do something good now. Very uplifting of you :)

    Stay shining, you are very starlike :)
    Loves, M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you didn't have to do your presentation. Happy Birthday sweetheart. Try to enjoy your day and make the most of it. Sending you lots of love.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday dear! Yay 21, be safe now if you're going out. Presentations suck, I have so many group projects coming up, I'm working on one now. Oh, you get to go to a ballet, that's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    The ballet is amazing. I hope you enjoy it <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful day. I hope you got spoiled and did something nice for yourself. You deserve it :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday lovely, enjoy the ballet <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG :) Happy birthday!!
    I know I am a tad late here, but I hope you had a great day, and an amazing start to your year..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday sweet petal! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!!
    Presentations blah :(( I had a teacher fail me for not presenting my final project... Up until I told him about the whole eating, depression, anxiety disorder story. Then he felt like an ass and passed me... yay?

    ReplyDelete