Followers

Friday, 16 September 2011

The sixteenth

College was cancelled again today. I'll get to do science at some point... Apparently my timetable is back on track on Tuesday since Monday is my study day. I have a guy science tutor so lets hope he can rival my maths tutor on looks. ;) Haha!


I don't know what to write about. I'm still fighting the stupid plateau but I increased my calories a wee bit yesterday and today to maybe help. I think I am going to avoid the scales until Monday morning just for the added motivation to go to the gym and not be a recluse lol.


Whilst I am not losing weight, I seem to be losing inches? The 'perfect' trousers I bought a little while ago are actually loose despite the fact there is probably only 1-2lbs difference in weight from then to now. Which reminds me I still haven't done my measurements! I will remember one day lol. 


Something Emma (one of my tutors. Quite lovely too.) said yesterday made me think.



"We don't know if we cannot do something if we don't try it."


Now, okay, she was talking about something in English, but it can be applied to recovery from an eating disorder or self harm I guess. Or any addiction for that matter. We all say we can't do it or aren't ready, yet we never really attempt it. I don't know if you can ever really be ready for recovery. Sometimes you just have to jump upon that recovery train I guess.
I talk about it as though I am about to attempt recovery which I am not anytime soon, but when she said that all I could think about was how it really applied to recovery and change.


Take care.
xxoxx

5 comments:

  1. That whole inches-not-pounds bit sounds familiar; I sometimes shed quite a few pounds in water weight quickly, then "plateau" for a week or two... which is when any real fat loss is happening. Good luck, especially with the science tutor's looks and everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck, in anything and everything.
    You're amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I agree with the recovery thing - when I started recovering I didn't want to lol, my friend just wanted me to be safe so I pretended to recover so she wouldn't worry when I was actually just getting worse, but she'd text me every day and somehow eventually she just made me change my mind slowly (I don't ever remember thinking "let's recover now"), my mind just slowly changed without me realising :s I just think it's never too late to recover, and the longer you leave it, the harder it gets

    How come college keeps getting cancelled? Aghh no, if the science teacher is better looking than the matts teacher then you'll like science by significantly more than maths ;) this cannot happen, :P

    (and your comment on my blog didn't sound like superficial crap"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muscle weighs more than fat. It is perfectly possible to lose inches but not lose weight because you are building muscle, which takesup less space but weighs more than fat.

    (It also burns more calories at rest than fat does, increasing your BMR. How epic is that?)

    Lol, honestly if I found the right deity I could dedicate myself as priestess willingly enough. Pity that most religions seem to have SOME form of hypocrisy -.- I shall instead continue worship at the Church of Notch with my fellow minecraft addicts.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with going through recovery. You have to be strong!

    ReplyDelete