Followers

Sunday, 13 June 2010

What the...

They rewrote the thingy on Anorexia? Well not offically on the DSM IV thing but isn't saying you don't have to be underweight or hell even a regular weight but you can be overweight and Anorexic? Isn't that discrediting a serious mental illness? A sign or Anorexia Nervosa is a refusal to maintain an "healthy" body weight so being 100lbs, hell even 200lbs overweight, cannot come under Anorexia! I agree it is an eating disorder. I wouldn't tell somebody they didn't have an ED but it's not Anorexia Nervosa unless you are medically underweight. Stupid arsed people rewriting things just to suit the needs of others. Why the fuck does EDNOs offend people so much? I don't give a damn being medically diagnosed EDNOs. It's no less serious then Anorexia. I seriously I don't get this stupid country! The polititions all need to be... pushed off of London bridge! I'm saying that bridge cos I can't remember any others in London lol. My friend said I should write to David Cameron but my sense of humour wouldn't translate well on paper xD But even if this offends anybody you can't be Anorexic until you have a bmi of 17.5 or under. Medically speaking. That is what we (ie me and other medical professionals) are trained to know. That is what I believe in. That is what I will always believe in. Anyway I must say thanks to Emry. Cos you are sweet and write little comments on here every now and again. Gah I am getting into Desperate Housewives again. Just as I ween myself off of television. But I think I am going to go to bed because I feel sick from lack of food lol. Or I am going to call my new friend. He shall always warrant the name new friend because I shan't tell anybody his name!! Hehe. Notice how I am trying to stay away from discussing D? Oh my gosh before I go. My ex before D, I'll name him, Ashley is engaged to my ex friend! My heart sunk a little bit whilst reading it on Facebook. He text me saying so too. 1) How the fuck did he get my new number??! and 2) Wtf did he want me to say? Congrat-a-fucking-lations?? He wants me to go. Bahaha sorry but it's super ironic they get engaged on the day me and D break up. Grr. I swear if I go I will either wear black to depress the fucker or bright orange to match his hair!!! I am such a bitch. Na'Night. M L xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the shoutout! :)

    Not sure how I feel about the definition. I can see how someone could be overweight & be anorexic (sorta) if they match the other symptoms. They are still doing 'dangerous' things by refusing to eat/refusing to lose weight in a 'healthy' manner. I mean, at some point, most anorexics were a healthy weight (or beyond). Maybe they should just come up with new names altogether for that.

    And one last thing, I totally agree that it's kinda weird about your ex getting ahold of you & wanting you to go. Guess you can just wait & see how you feel when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha :)

    I think it's just a bit annoying becaue they won't diagnose you as Anorexic unless you meet every single requirement. I have a friend who was seriously underweight but because she had her period they wounldn't give her the Anorexic label.

    Haha I know! We didn't even have the best break up... I was mean lol.

    ReplyDelete